The following resources provide a wealth of
information for the Virtual Pipe Organ.
This list is not intended to be an extensive list of all resources relating to VPOs, but is a list of sites I've used for research, or have found interesting...
Virtual Pipe Organ Software
Probably the main player in the VPO world, and the software used in this build.
A sample based pipe organ simulator. This application has builds for Linux, Windows and OS X.
Other VPO Projects
- Excellent project, this guy (Vidar Fagerjord ) really has 'pulled out all the stops'. He's even building a 737 cockpit in his house!
- A professional organist looking to build a virtual organ as a home practice instrument.
- Not a virtual organ, but a true home build pipe organ - real craftsmanship, and the site that inspired them...
- Advice on building a keyboard stack with the M-Audio Keystation 61ES
- A home built Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe Organ project.
- A DIY pedalboard built from scratch - I'm not that brave!
- In their own words, 'Yet Another Organ Pedalboard Project'. Good info on the midification of a pedalboard.
- Photo gallery of an M-Audio 61ES keyboard based project.
- Detailed construction information for a VPO
- Midification of an existing organ pedalboard.
- A mine of information...
- FlickR photo sets of organ construction.
MIDI Keyboards / Controllers
- M-Audio Keystation 61ES semi weighted keyboard
- Yamaha FC7 Foot Pedal - useful basis for a Swell or Crescendo pedal
Galleries (for inspiration)
- PCOrgan (in Dutch / English)
Page after page of consoles! From the most ornate, to the very simple
- Hauptwerk Forum